Sting Ray City and more beach time


Advertisement
Published: April 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We had an excursion to Sting Ray City planned for today, at 8:30am. The tour operator called and said that he'd rather put us on the 11:30am because it would be less crowded and so we were fine with that.

We just went down and ate some breakfast and lounged around the hotel until then. At about 10:50am, we were picked up by the company's bus and taken over to the yacht club for the boat ride.

I booked the excursion with Moby Dick Tours because it seemed to have the best reviews. It was about a 20 minute boat ride out there, in which we stopped at a reef first for 30 minutes of snorkeling. They provided all the equipment, beverages, sunscreen, and a fresh water shower aboard the boat. It was a smooth and comfortable ride and we were covered from the sun.

The snorkeling was good, even though the water was rough next to the barrier reef. I saw lots of fish and coral, and even saw a ray and a moray eel. The next stop was the sand bar at Sting Ray City. As soon as the boat pulls up, the rays come swarming. The sand bar ranges from 2 to 4 feet deep so it is suitable for any age. We really enjoyed feeding, petting, holding, and kissing the rays. After 30 minutes there, we headed back to shore. The crew were all wonderful and great to talk to.

When we got back, we bought some jerk chicken for lunch and ate up quick so we could head back to the beach.

We stayed out there on Seven Mile Beach until well after sunset and then went back to the room.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which is highly rated on the island for their burgers and fish tacos. I had the coconut snapper tacos, and a dark and stormy to drink. The drink is ginger beer and rum and was great! The tacos were great too! We went back to the room later and I had a few beers from the liquor store to drink.

Went to sleep soon after, ready for some last beach time in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb