Day Three Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Helloooo .
We are so exhausted after the most amazing day.
We were picked up at 8am by private driver and tour guide to take us to The Death Railway, Jeath War Museum, The Bridge over the River Kwai, The War Cemetery (where the 6982 POW's who lost their lives building the bridge) and "Hellfire Pass" (for people who dont know the POWs excavated it by by hand in 13 weeks working day and night during 1943).
It was also very moving and very sad especially seeing all the names on the graves of our diggers and the other wonderful men who endured such horrific conditions and torture.
"Ohm" our guide was a lovely spoken Thai gentalman who also spent 6 months at Wollongong Uni in 1984 doing his masters in Tourism
"Kai" our driver was dressed in hat, gloves and suit and would have refreshing ice cold towels and water bottles every time we got back in the car as it is sooooooo hot here.
Chris really loved it and it lived up to everything we thought it might be and more.
Back in room now at 8.30pm and having a lovely cold beer.
Way to tired to go out and we live in the morning for a funny little place called Ireland. Yippeee.

For those having trouble leaving a comment, I think you need to do that via Guestbook. .


Also for those that do not know Thailand remained neutral during the World War 2 and the POWs were held captive by the Japanese.
The Thai people have the upmost respect for our Diggers and to see the way they respect and admire their presence here all those years ago is truly something everyone should see.
Lest We Forget....... We have never felt so proud to be Australian.
Oh and Pete Mac we expect you to be dressed the same when you next drive us to the airport or pick us up when we come home(photo to follow).
Geoff Schoie the railway trip is something that you would love.. We spoke often how much you would have loved it.
Cath & Chris xxx


PS from Chris, check out the pic of Cath's monkey bite, looks like Sharron's bite out of Kath and Kim. According to Ohm Cath should be OK, but it looks nasty to me! Take a look at the pic.

Talk to everyone in Ireland, if they have discovered the internet yet.........Bockster




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The monkey that got hereThe monkey that got here
The monkey that got here

Cath's coming back next year to have her revenge


4th May 2011

atire
hat, gloves and suit and would have refreshing ice cold towels and water bottles ... you gotta be kidding buddy, i dont dress like that for anyone..

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb