Day 20: 1day trek and meeting Sway.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
February 24th 2010
Published: March 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we went on another walk which was slightly harder this time! well the first half hour was steep uphill then the rest was really lazy strolling with soo many breaks! and lunch and me anc chaz had stocked up on snacks... mmm. we trekked to the school/orphanage that we had painted the two days before and it was really lovely to see the children using the classrooms we had done up for them, we definately got lucky with our volunteerin because the next group had to build some concrete steps! ooo exciting. so we did a bit of teaching at the school well i jus sat at the back with this guy called sway who we became quite obssessed with! he is this orphan from the karen tribe so he doesnt even speak proper thai but he has taught himself both languages through the use of a dictionary! its crazy! but the thing that made us really sad is that he is soo determined to learn and get somewhere with his life but u just know it wont happen because he has nothin and no one to help him do this. it really sucks. we wrote down the lyrics to the songs we taught him and then had to continue the 'trek' we said bye sadly!

that night we returned to the hippy place for dinner where we had been for the festival before and bought some jewellery its soo pretty 😊 i had another pizzza.. naughty me! xxxx

CAz xxxxxxxxxxx
_

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb