KanchanaBuri


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
February 6th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We wanted to visit to see the Bridge over the River Kwae and do some treking.

one thing I can say is its VERY cheap our room is fine and only 450 baht a day and its near the bridge! we have a pool, cable TV and hot water so I Karen can wash her hair lol..

So the plan of action for our 4 days here...

Day one - arrived after a 15 hour bus journey through the night and was tired arrived at 7:30 am and managed to find the brilliant place called Pheong Phen a family run guest house. We slept through day 1, and went to the night market in the evening hundreds of thais come here to buy food and supplues, we saw deep fried spider, locust and beetles being sold and eaten Yummy... NO we didnt have the guts to try it...

Day 2, - hired moped but was a death trap so didnt stay on it for long, went to the bridge over the river kwai and walked across took some pictures and had a beer. we then went to the WW!! museum.

Day 3 - spent round the pool very relaxing

Day 4 - Tour for tthe day

Elephant Treking
7 Tier Waterfall at Erawan National Park
Bamboo river rafting
Krae Cave
Death Railway train ride


The treking was funny, we had a really happy man with our elephant he made me a crown from leaves he plucked from the trees, and then after a uncomfortable ride on the seat he got down and invited us to ride up front on the elphant head/neck Jamie wimped out but Karen did was brilliant.

This was followed by some rafting down the river on bamboo, the under currant was strong and we mved fast but it was enjoyable and nice to cruise down the river.

We then went t the waterfalls and this was a bit of a trek so had to wear the walking boots, but ther was 7 tiers and on one tier you can slide down the waterfall into the blue waters below was amazing.

the day was finished with a train ride across the death railway where hundreds of thousands british soldier lost their lives in word war !! was educational.

all in all a fantastic day out, tomorrow we head to Chang mai by sleeper train 14 hours..

hope you enjoy our picturesand they do our trip justice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Hello KittyHello Kitty
Hello Kitty

Had to stop and take this for Veronica
Elephant TrekingElephant Treking
Elephant Treking

Like my hat?
Me being BraveMe being Brave
Me being Brave

Not comfortable! but fun


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb