Thailand -


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
June 8th 2008
Published: June 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A little bit outta order, but so far: (pictures to come when i get to an internet cafe that doesn't cut out as much)

Went to a tiger temple and had a tiger (full grown) put his head into my lap... Little awkward having an animal so strong and can turn at any moment just lie in my lap. Taken a ride on the back of an elephant. went river rafting and jumped off of a bridge into the same river twice... i hope the pictures and movie turn out. One morning we went to the river and washed the elephants riding them bareback... Holding on tight trying not to fall off or in between the elephants when they dove down or took a crap... (thanks to ben and dave who decided to throw the elephant crap around and splattered our backs or some of our faces...)

We found this amazing restaurant where you can have a drink, meal and a dessert for under $3.00 Canadian. (yummy jolly frog)... Speaking of the Jolly Frog... think this was the first night i didnt drink anything but desiree's bday celebration was this night (midnight) but also lasted 3 days... So my group needed some good liver detoxing days after that.

Took part of one day going to bridge over river kwai, and a war museum around hellfire pass. It was very very hot that day so i can see how bad it coulda been during the world war. over 100, 000 people died while making this passage way.

At this point i cant really remember what else we did in Kanchanaburi so i will post as my memory comes back...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb