Sightseer Extraordinaire!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
May 15th 2007
Published: May 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hail from Kanchanaburi.

Its our last night here. Tomorrow, to Ayuthaya! We did LOTS of sight seeing while we were here... Death Railway, Bridge over the River Kwai, Erawan National Park, JEATH Museum, WWII Museum...

RIDING ELEPHANTS!!! So much fun! They are cute cute cute. We walked through some water, and the Mahout (elephant trainer) on the one behind us made his elephant spray us!

We have done Kanchanaburi as much as you possibly can. To celebrate, we gorged ourselves on Indian food for lunch. Ashley, you would love it. As good as Jaipur was, this is somehow even better. Mmmm. I had butter chicken and thought of you <3
I'm glad there was an Indian place, as I am already somewhat sick of noodles. Next, I start eating curries. I'm being careful with how spicy things are, and have yet to get sick from the food. Touch wood.

During the rainstorm today, Amy and I put on our bathing suits and ran around in the rain. It was hilarious! What was even funnier was getting locked out of our room and having to go.. soaking wet in our bathing suits in a rainstorm... to ask for another key for our room from the lady that runs the guest house. They think we're crazy, not that I blame them.

We rented bicycles and rode out to a cave Wat (temple) today. It was amazing. In the middle of a giant cavern, there was a giant gold Buddha reclining. It was really cool, all the limestone around us dripping... shafts of light coming in from holes in the ceiling...straight out of an Indiana Jones movie. Stunning, and awe inspiring.






Advertisement



15th May 2007

nice, gotta love running around in the rain
And that must have been pretty cool riding around on elephants, did you ride on the same one or different ones?
17th May 2007

We rode on the same one.. so awesome! Today I saw another elephant and fed him bananas for 20 baht.. or about $0.80 CDN.

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1023.2kb