The North of the South


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
October 23rd 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello from the north of the south!

so we left Laos and crossed the boarder yesterday we then boarded the night train at Nong Khai and arrived in Bangkok 1.5 hrs late at 7:40 - oh how reliable!

we wanted to go to Chumphon on the day train but it is a celebration day in Thailand today for Rama V so they were all fully booked

We didnt want to stay in Bangkok so we bought tickets to Hua Hin - another recommendation by Dave - thanking you!

We then boarded the 3rd class train (what an experience) to Hua Hin at 09:20 and arrived at 14:00 - an hour later than schedule!

Mastercard moment: Chris' face when the woman he is sitting next to on the train starts breast feeding!!!!!

Hua hin is noce we have been here for a few hours and checked into a place called the All Nations Guest House - recommended by our trusty lonely Planet Guide (thanks LP!)

we had a wonder on the beach and waled up to the internet place in town through the Hilton Hotel - OMG - I wish my Mum & Dad were here - they would have booked that place straight away!!!

tonight we are going to a nice italian restaurant we found.

Tommorrow we are heading for Chumphon (we'll get there in the end) on a supposed 3 hour train journey (i'm not entirely sure how they figure the times!) and we are hoping to stay in the Sude Guest House - if they have room.

Let us know what you have all been up to!

Lots of Love Astrid

Oh & Just so its public to all:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENSKI YOU BIG GAY BEAR LOVE YOU LOTS AND HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY AND THAT EVERYONE BUYS YOU LOTS OF NICE THINGS! HAVE A DRINK FOR ME AND I'LL TRY AND TEXT /SHORT CALL IF I CAN FIND A PHONE!MISSING YOU AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR MESSAGES!



Advertisement



24th October 2008

TA CHUCK!
Sounds soooo good, glad you are still having a laugh! I hope you have pictures of Chris' Masterfcard moment!!!!! Thanks 4 my texts and messages. The only problem i have with you message is there is no Tuna count??????? Love you x x x x

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb