Thai Finish


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
September 20th 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Boring PhotoBoring PhotoBoring Photo

Seriously, we were too lazy to try for anything more than the view from our room
Feeling ragged from our all-night flight from Delhi, we arrived back in Bangkok to an empty airport, probably result of the country's just-lifted state of emergency. We had some difficulty locating a taxi, but were soon sailing down the refreshingly sophisticated freeway to the beach city of Hua Hin, feeling like we were back in paradise. The complete lack of any guests at our hotel further confirmed that Thailand is suffering from its recent political fiasco, and both of us wonder whether this dip in tourism will last long - a frightening prospect for Thailand.

For the next three days, all we did was sit in the pool, sleep in, and veg out in our amazing hotel. It was a much needed rest after the chaos that was India, and it was a fitting denouement to our amazing honeymoon. We have mixed feelings of sadness and excitement, as we're excited to get back to our friends and family in the States, but we have had the time of our lives and both of us agree we could keep traveling for a VERY long time.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb