Lazy week in Hua Hin


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
July 11th 2007
Published: July 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Untitled
Luke Williams & Katie Ellis
Hey everyone,

Just thought we'd get in touch before we move again, onto some remote islands. The past week has been a real lazy, beach week. Waking up around 10 everyday (but that doesn't mean getting up then!) and then rolling onto the beach. We've done a bit of sightseeing but spent most of the time swimming, sunbathing and building sandcastles (Luke!).

On Sunday we got caught up in the celebrations of a traditional Thai wedding. What an experience! Lots of loud music and lots of dancing with the majority of them really, really drunk! The precession moved along the street and took ages. The bride had high heels and had to keep stopping to have a sit down but the groom (typical man) got carried on the back of someone's pick up truck, on their living room sofa!!!!!!

The next day, the Eastern and Oriental Express rolled into town, so we turned into proper English tourists and went and had a look and took pictures of a TRAIN!!!! It looked very posh and was full of very posh people too.

But probably the highlight of the week was Kate going horseriding along the beach. She'd only nagged for a week so I eventually let her have a go. I did ask if she could be superglued to the seat but just laughed! He obviously didn't know Kate. I gave myself the job of photographer. What a shame, I couldn't therefore have a go myself!!!!

So we're leaving Hua Hin tonight by bus and catamaran and going to a remote island called Koh Tao. The diving and snorkelling around here is supposed to be amazing so this is what we are going for. Hopefully next time we talk, we'll have loads of pictures of Nemo.

Luke and Kate x



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb