Phatthalung


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
January 2nd 2016
Published: January 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

The cheapest way travel south from Nakon Si Thammatrat is by train...the third class! and it was far better than I'd expected...airy and spacious! The rail ran through vast green flat land mostly with gum tree, only until near Phatthalung area you will see huge rock spouted from the earth, the one right next to the train station is Khao Ok Talu, stairs lead up to the 250m summit where you can get a great view of the area. Another path will get you to a convent like temple resided only nun with nice garden area and many interesting statues.

Wat Tham Khuha Sawan was built in the Ayutthaya period which the temple is located at the foot of Khao Khuha Sawan near the busy Phatthalung market, a cave temple with a huge sleeping buddha and many other statues, a stair behind the cave will lead you up to a small top where a good view point looking back at the Khao Ok Talu with the town spread in front.

About 6km from Phatthalung near the Saen Suk Lam Pam water front where stood the temple compound Wat Wang, an important temple which was built in the reign of King Rama III, where government officials performed allegiance pledges in the old day. A total of 108 buddha images surrounded the gallery of the main temple hall. And inside the convocation hall are beautiful murals painting about the biography of Lord Buddha. Not far along the main road to the water front is the old Phatthalung Governors Residence near Wat Wang.

Phatthalung is small but lively with a daily night market next to the train station, but that is not the only place looking dinner, walk further down the main street to the Coliseum department store then turn left, where many restaurant and drinking place located, even has 2 good looking steak-house!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



4th January 2016
Saen Suk Lam Pam water front

Water Front
Nice View

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb