DAY 2 - 125km


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
January 15th 2015
Published: January 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

day 2day 2day 2

The King of Thailand's house
Today we rode out past the King of Thailands house and along a freeway where we realised we had lost 10 of our group through the windy little roads before getting onto the freeway! Trevor was out team leader on this day so wasn't off to a good start. We found them after waiting on the side of a busy road for about 10mins then we were off again, more freeway then back onto the local village roads.

We came apon some road works just one of the little obstacles you come across on these Thai roads so had to ride through a little mud til we came to our water stop which was a welcome site. The next leg was hard as we rode a lot in big head winds until our next water stop At a temple in the middle of nowhere, where we were greeted with local naughty monkeys! They were not friendly and if you left something unattended it would be gone before you knew it.

After the next leg we stopped at a resort for our lunch was the best Pad Thai and it also had a great pool which I was complicating falling into as it was so hot but just managed to get 10min rest on a day bed until we headed off again. Was nice to hit the hotel and get a massage before dinner - each dinner is fun as we have a fine committee for things that happen during the day and each fine is $100 Baht and it all goes to the orphanage at the end - think they will get quiet a lot by the end of our journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb