Half Moon Party


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
July 5th 2010
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last night was one of the most amazing nights of my entire life. I had heard stories of the infamous "half-moon" parties on Koh Phangan, but nothing could have prepared me for what I just experienced. Lets start from the beginning.....Getting to the party was an adventure within itself; it is located in the middle of lush jungle and takes about 30 minutes by way of Tuk Tuk through windy, trenched roads to get there. You could heard the music from miles away, and as we got closer all you could see was swarms of people covered head to tow in neon paint heading towards what seemed to be nowhere. The Tuk Tuk dropped us off to join the crowd and we were hearded through the dark jungle on a dirt path, only to arrive at what can only be described as insanity: Techno music blasting from speakers hanging from the trees, neon paint sprayed every where, and dancing like you wouldn't believe are just a few thoughts to wrap your head around....not to mention it was POURING rain, everyone was drenched, but nobody cared. The party kept going and we left at what I later found out was 5:30 in the morning. The Tuk Tuk dropped us back off at the beach by our bungalow where we found an after-party of sorts....Those who were still awake had made way to the beach where everone was skinny dipping and watching the sun rise over the sea. Like I said before, every morning I think it can't get any better, until the next day comes....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb