Pha-ngan Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
November 8th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Chilling out on Ban Tai beachChilling out on Ban Tai beachChilling out on Ban Tai beach

This is pretty much what the week consisted of
So...back from a week down in the islands. We didn't do much except chill out on the beach each day, and party hard at night! We stayed at a little place called the Cosy Bungalows which is right on the beach with little huts to stay in and a funky little bar (they had the most annoying dogs in the world though!). We met loads of people...from literally every corner of the planet. The Full Moon Party was good, although i personally preferred the night out before and after...there was a lot of hype surrounding it which i think made everyone have really high expectations. It was still awesome fun though and after covering myself in body paint we joined the massive beach party...and met some pretty fun people! The guys who do the tricks with the fire are amazing. I did realise the whole place was geared up for tourists though as things started to get a bit more expensive as the Full Moon approached! The beaches were beautiful and I went for lots of walks up and down the coast and it was good to really take time to chill out and relax. Our last few days there were spent with some cool Canadian people we had met...really fun times and I now have lots of contacts in Canada (skiing here I come!) The only thing that confused me about the island was the weather...one minute it would be 30+ with clear skies and within an hour it would be a full on thunder storm. It is this that made our journey off the island quite interesting...massive waves meant that the boat rocked for the whole 3 hours. It was quite exciting but it all got a bit too real when the boat nearly tipped over and people started putting life jackets on and the captain came out telling people to stand on the right hand side of the boat to balance out the waves! Luckily however...we made it (soaking wet from waves crashing over the boat) to dry land and took the over night bus back up to Bangkok. All in all a good week. Great memories and awesome people. Just one world of warning...the phrase "typical Brits abroad" really does apply here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb