Monday May 27th Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
April 27th 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday May 27th Ko Samui
Our boat to Samui was leaving at 9am so it was another early morning to pack up the bags again. The man with the cart was around again though luckily so we were saved the labor of trekking to the pier with our heavy loads which were now 16 and 21 kgs even though we haven’t bought anything new except 1 towel.

The boat to Krabi was the first leg which wasn’t too bad, but then we had to get on a bus which seemed to crawl along and did the regulatory stop for about an hour at a restaurant only 30 minutes from our destination for us to spend our money. It’s a joke and a right pain really. Finally at 4 pm we were aboard our next boat even though we should have been there by 4. this boat took almost 2 hours again so we were kind of tired of traveling by the time we got on to Ko Samui finally. We got a mini bus from the port which was the other side of the island from Chaweng beach where we were heading. Took a while to drive around even though the island is only 15km by 15 km and it was after 8pm when we arrived in Penzy guesthouse. This place was very nice, owned by a local Thai woman and her American husband and it shows that they really enjoy what they do. Rooms are spotless and large, with ac, hot shower, fridge, and TV and DVD players. Luxury indeed, and only 900 baht, 300 more than you’d get the cheapest room for.

We settled in and went straight for something to eat in the Aladdin restaurant which they recommended in Penzys. Very nice and great value. we headed down to main bar area of the strip then which was a little bit away, about 15 minute walk. We had expected the place to be a lot busier, but most bars only had a smattering of people in them. Found a kind of trendy one called solo which had a big enough crowd so had a few drinks in there. There was a closing party of Bamboo club on the beach so we headed down to the beach for a while. There were a few more bars down the on the beach front with all the mats on the sand so we went there fist for a drink and to enjoy turning down constant offers to buy fireworks and lanterns and to play connect 4 with all the local 6 year old geniuses. It was a nice spot though and we got chatting to these 2 beside us, an English guy called Luke and a Safa called Nathalie. Had a few more drinks with them and then headed off to the madness of the Bamboo club.

We were pretty locked by then. I think it was about 3 o’clock but the party apparently goes on til 8am. Far too old for that carry on now so stumbled home via a bit of rip of taxi and not really knowing where we were going. Made it finally though and fell into bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb