2nd day in Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Songkhla
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We started the day by going to Buddhist ceremony at a local temple, there were about 20 monks and we had to be careful not to touch them and not to point our feet at the gold Buddha statue. We then went to pick up Alanna’s babysitter, and her son “Beer” (it’s only a nickname but he doesn’t know how he got it). He is studying English so we had a little bit of conversation with him, though he says we talk too fast for him!

Due to weather conditions we didn’t end up canoeing as planned, we instead took a trip to some tunnels built by communist Chinamen, it was so much more interesting than expected and also a lot steeper, we had to climb a lot of steps with only one handrail, sometimes not even that, so scary! We were intrigued by the variation of rooms (wedding room, shooting range room, operation room) and how people had built themselves a little communist community.

We had tea at Rob’s in laws, we ate fresh crab, prawns, and various veg with rice. When we got back to Rob’s we gave the kids the gifts we had bought them (some sweets, some story books and a cuddly elephant (we’re looking forward to meeting the real thing later on in our travels!). JJ and Clara loved the books which we read to them, Monkey’s puzzle and snow white- Clara dressed up as snow white after reading the book!

Tomorrow we’re going to Hat Yai again to see the floating markets, possibly meet up with our Russian friend staying there, and seeing a waterfall. On Monday we’re planning to go to one of Thailand’s many islands for a few nights 😊

We must have sweet blood because we seem to be a favourite with the mosquitoes, despite insect repellent! Hopefully we won’t get too many more bites… Rob suggested just not shaving because they don’ like his hairy legs! Haha…

Hope all is well in England, lots of love

Hollie and Jess xxx


Advertisement



4th July 2011

Wow sounds cool! You guys must be having a great time! Im not sure about the thing about mosquitos not liking hairy legs cause when I was in Japan I was bitten to death until I was nbleeding all over my legs. Well thats what i get for wearing shorts in tall grass.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb