Koh Lanta - Southern Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Hat Yai
November 25th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey there!

We arrived in Bangkok after a 10 hour bus journey, the journey was on a locals bus and pretty good, comfortable and safe. We stayed in Bangkok for a few days to chill out and decide where we wanted to go next, we found a place called Koh Lanta on the net which looked lovely and not touristy like a lot of Thailand islands are now so we booked a flight to Phuket to then take a boat. We stayed in Phuket town for 2 nights so we could check out the best way to get to Koh Lanta, the town was great and full of local Thai people and hardly any tourism, however the beach resorts were too touristy and busy, we did go to two beaches which were very pretty and good for surfing but overall not a place to spend too much time.

We took a boat to Koh Lanta via Phi Phi which took about 3 hours, the journey was lovely and relaxing, it was overcast but still very warm. When we arrived in Lanta it was very beautiful and peaceful, it is one of the few places left that is not developed so still has great wooden beach huts and chill out bars on the beach, the atmosphere was lovely! The beaches were beautiful with lots of coral and rocks and soft sand, excellent for beachcombing and swimming, the weather was overcast but still nice for walking and lying on the beach. Craig also went diving to one of the top dive spots in the world and had a great time, he saw a Manta Ray which is quite rare.

Craig’s friend Satch joined us on Koh Lanta for a few days and we all spent time on the beach and cruising around the Island on mopeds, we went to an excellent beach party with a cool Reggee Band and drank lots of beer, good fun!


Our next destination is Western Australia, Perth on the 6th December!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb