My Beach Holidays at Koh Yao Noi Island Resort


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
January 16th 2017
Published: January 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Recently, my husband Archie and I decided to visit a beautiful Koh Yao Noi island. As much as we love our home in Chiang Mai, a periodic change of scenery can be a great source of inspiration and motivation. After searching through various Koh Yao Noi hotels, we ended up finding a private villa at Coastal Escapethat suited us quite nicely. It's located close to popular destinations, but there is some distance from the massive tourism that sometimes overruns other Thai islands. I feel like it's important to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and these islands ended up being just what we needed.





Figuring out how to get to Koh Yao Noi was an easy, painless process. The island is located between Phuket and Krabi, two popular travel destinations in Thailand. After finding the Ko Yao Noi accommodation that best fit our needs, we booked a plane ticket from Chiang Mai to Phuket. From there, the private villa conveniently provided us with a speed boat that transferred us from Phuket to Koh Yao Noi island resort. The boat ride was scenic, and the boat crew was courteous and professional. The weather also happened to be perfect that day. All in all, our vacation got off to a great start.




Upon our arrival at the Coastal Escape resort, we were impressed with the various amenities they had, including a King-size bed, huge Smart TV, and free wi-fi. However, we didn't go to this beautiful island just to stay pent up in our rooms all day. Archie and I both love the outdoors, so we decided to go kayaking on our first day. The water was calm - maybe too calm for adrenaline junkies looking for a thrill. Personally, I enjoyed the calm water. After our adventure, we decided to go for a relaxing massage. Finally, we treated ourselves by taking advantage of the resort's room service for dinner.




After waking up during the second day, I was already feeling rested and rejuvenated. It seemed like a good opportunity to get some work done, so I decided to do some writing about my experiences and thoughts on the trip up to that point. I find that I tend to do my best writing during the morning. We grabbed some lunch at a nearby restaurant, and discussed our options for the day. We ended up deciding to go snorkeling. We've been snorkeling numerous times before, but it's an experience that never gets old for us, and the clear waters of Koh Yao Noi made for ideal conditions. Afterwards, we decided to lounge around and enjoy our resort's poolside dining.




On our third day, we got up early to go on a boat excursion, which passed by a number of scenic points around the island. From there, we decided to go on a mountain biking tour. Mountain biking was fun, but my legs were really tired afterwards. I decided that was the perfect excuse to visit the spa at our resort. That ended up being a great decision, as all of my aches and pains were massaged away. I slept like a baby that night. But not before ordering some more delicious Thai food from their room service, of course.



All things considered, we had a great time. As a holiday resort Koh Yao Noi seems like the perfect place for a quick getaway. In just three short days, we went snorkeling, on a boat excursion, and mountain biking. There are so many things to do in Koh Yao Noi, it's impossible to get bored. Of course, that doesn't mean every itinerary there has to be as full as ours. Being new to the islands, we wanted to do and see as much as possible in a relatively short period of time. But frankly, if someone wanted to stay inside and enjoy the spacious villas at Coastal Escape, I wouldn't blame them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb