Day 47 Thailand, Phi Phi To Krabi.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
December 9th 2014
Published: December 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Loyal Followers,



So today we are leaving Phi Phi and heading to Krabi for a night before moving on to the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.



We arrived at the pier expecting our 1000 ferry to the main land instead we are told its 1030 so after sitting around we finally headed off. We thought we had good seats until we noticed the cockroach family coming out of the wood near my arm!!! Yuck yuck yuck!!! We moved over one accordingly and made sure others could see so we could have the area to ourselves!!



The trip seemed quick and we both read during it. Once we arrived we didn’t have our pick-up to the hostel (made our getting ripped off even more annoying as they didn’t even come through on what they said) so we jumped in a tuk tuk there!!



The hostel is nice we have a dorm floor of seven and the owner is really friendly, also her daughter is very cute and playful. Was playing football inside with her (my Mum would have gone crazy lol)



We headed out to Krabi town to have a look around and grab some lunch. We found this local restaurant (full of Thai people so you know it's good), I had spicy duck and Vick had Beef and veg in oyster sauce, mine was amazing they gave us a free soup (broth) which was good as we had extra rice, cost us an amazing £1 each!!! Bargain!!!



The town was quiet and there were not many other white people around, we walked along the river and saw the giant crab there. (must be why its called Krabi). We headed back for a rest and wash before heading out in the evening.



In the hostel we met this really nice French girl (Matilde), we chatted and invited her to come into town for dinner with us. She had been travelling for 4 years from the age of 19, however travelling and living in places for a year at a time doesn’t mean travelling to me just living!!!



There is a well noted night food market in Krabi from lonely planet, so we headed there. Let's just say it was small but amazing, it had so many different foods. (Vick had the biggest grin on her face), before I knew it Vick had brought some boiled eggs, mango and sticky rice and a chocolate waffle!! I brought an iced fresh orange juice and as it was so cheap a thai omelet and pad thai total cost of all mine was 90 baht so £1.80!! It was amazing and spicy (I love spice).



We wondered around a bit more before heading back to the hostel and working on the blogs we had been slack on (I promise it is down to rubbish internet loading the photos not us having such and amazing time 😉 !!).



Thanks everyone, off to Koh Phangan tomorrow and cant wait!!!



Lots of love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb