Surat Thani Airport


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Surat Thani
October 30th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So today we are traveling north to Bangkok on our Air Asia flight. It was scheduled to depart at 1:10pm this afternoon and upon our arrival to the airport, we discovered that it's been delayed until 2:55pm!! Luckily there is internet.

We left Koh Pha-Ngan yesterday at noon to catch the 1pm ferry over to Surat Thani. We bought a combo ticket that got us the taxi ride to the ferry and the ferry ride itself. The funniest thing happened. We boarded the ferry (which they claim is ISO certified...) and it's pretty small. There was a young guy sitting in front of us with a Canadian flag on his backpack so we asked him where he was from. He told us BC. Where? Cloverdale!! Turns out that he is really good friends with Heather Look (Meg, tell your sister we met her friend Brendan!). What a small world.

3 hours later we arrived at the pier and were herded on the bus which took about an hour to arrive in Surat. We had no idea where it was going...bus station? Town centre? All of a sudden he pulled over and yelled 'final stop'. We all got off. Some people had tickets to their next destination, while we weren't sure where to go. Luckily Lonely planet suggested this hotel called 100 islands, so we got a songathew (?) pick-up truck to take us to the hotel. Upon arrival we got a room right away. It was in the middle of nowhere, so we watched a lot of HBO.

This morning we ate breakfast at the hotel. 90B for a buffet per person ($3). Not too bad. Then we got the hotel shuttle to take us to the airport. Our only regret is that we had wished we could have left Ko Pha-Ngan today instead of wasting our day. We definitely would have made our flight, but there's no way of knowing that, and it's better to be safe than to miss the flight.

Hope all is well back home. Only 3 days till we're back!! Lots of pictures to share then.

Love, L&R

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb