Railay, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
May 1st 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We made it to the beaches everyone. It is absolutely stunning, breathtaking, amazing, undesribbable really. not much time to chat. internet is pricey here on the beaches. the one and only downside. 😊 Will add to blogs when i get back to bangkok tonight. Miss you all. kisses to nick 😊



well i have a little more time to finish this.

we were at krabi, ao nang? and railay thailand. railey was absolutely the best place out of all of this primarily due to the beach and the scenery.

First thing to mention is on monday when we left bangkok for krabi-(abt an hr plane ride) i became deathly ill in the cab ride. upset stomach, nauseousness, clammy, sweaty, soooooo ready to pass out. i was very scared and had really bad anxiety. I some how managed to make it to the airport without a stop at the hospital. I sat on the ground while nate figured out our tickets. He could see i either neither food and drink or help. He grabbed my bags and we headed for food. I didnt eat anything. I stayed in the bathroom puking my guts out! Not a good
Ao Nang, ThailandAo Nang, ThailandAo Nang, Thailand

absolutely gorgeous!
thing. The plane was not so great as i was still sick. who knows what i ate or came down with.

We met some cool guys from new zealand on our bus to ao nang and chatted with them about our travels to some of the same places. We found our hostel, got some mc d's, lol, cause its quick and headed back to our room. I think i was sick cause I had quite a bit of anxiety still. Our room had a private bathroom with windows that were nailed down. there were shoe prints on the walls by the window. then the door to the bathroom had a lock on the outside to it. so i started getting totally freaked out that someone was going to crawl through the bathroom, sneak in our room and murder us....lol...i was freaked out. apparently i watch too many horror films.

On Tue, we left our hostel and walked to the water. Only a few min walk away. That will be the pictures you see with the boats. We were stunned. As we had walked down towards this area last night and didnt even know the water was right there.
Ao Nang, ThailandAo Nang, ThailandAo Nang, Thailand

These are the wooden boats We took to Railey. A peninsula of SE thailand only accessible by boat (or brave backpacker)
The view here is quite spectacular. Open waters and cliffs breaking through the waters. We got our tickets and waited for our boat. Once we had a party of 8- we walked into the water and crawled, literally, into the boat. Nate luckily is taller so it wasnt as difficult for him. Then Nate videotaped and I took pics on his camera during our 15 minute boatride. Once we rounded the peninsula where Railey is at we were mesmorized again by the view. Beautiful wite sands, palm trees, huge rocks. Theres lots of really nice resorts on here and some ok ones. We stayed on the opposite side of the island that is not as pretty. Has lots of mangroves and is very muddy. The tide is amazing though to watch on this side. In early morning the boats are in water by evening they are stuck in the mud. There are so many great restaurants here as well. We found one thats actully quite a climb but it has a spectacular view from up top. I notice in cambodia a lot they bring incense to your tables. I think its either for nice smells or to keep flies away.
Ao Nang, ThailandAo Nang, ThailandAo Nang, Thailand

View down the beach. This area was also hit by the tsunami a few yrs back
Our first night here we stayed in a room with no air-con. Never again. At least not during their really hot season. That was the sad thing. Because it gets so hot here in april and may its considered out of season so a lot of restaurants are really empty. Not enough people to fill them up. But everyone here is so nice. A lot of parts are really damaged and our guess is that they havent rebuilt from the tsuanami?? not sure.

On wed-after a horrible hot nights sleep- nate gets up early to rock climb while i figure out our new room details. Nate even agreed-AIR-CON was a necessity. lol. After i checked us in and lugged all our shit down the hill into a different room-this time a bungalow-really cheap too-around 30 us$ a night. i could have stayed there for 2 weeks it was so cute. Sorry im rambling. After that I walked over to the other side of our beach where they do all the rock climbing. I watched and took pics of nate and the others wishing i would have just gone ahead and done it. Next time I Will for sure!!!!
Railey, ThailandRailey, ThailandRailey, Thailand

Ahoy! we made it. our boat didnt sink.

From there we hung out, walked around the island, laid on the beach (some ladies got topless but i was of course with my bro so my girls stayed covered...lol), got burnt, ate good food and some ok food, fed the stray cats(there are sooo many), had some brews, and just chilled. It was great to end our vacation with this restful place. The sunsets here are amazing as well. Nate has lots of pics on his camera so Im waiting for those then i can post them.
I recommend to anyone to go to this island. Its not overly crowded and its reasonably priced for being its own paradise. 😊

www.railaybeach.com or railay.com ? lol


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Railey, ThailandRailey, Thailand
Railey, Thailand

The water and beach on the west side of peninsula is beautiful. The east side is full of mud and mangroves.
Railay, Railay,
Railay,

Heres all the boats waiting to be filled to go to different islands.
Nate video taping the sunset.Nate video taping the sunset.
Nate video taping the sunset.

isnt this the coolest picture?
Main area of Railay-Main area of Railay-
Main area of Railay-

This is where the boats pull up. Has some restaurancts, really nice resorts, and shops


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb