champions of chill


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

greetings all,

ladye and i just returned to bangkok after a week on railay beach in southwestern thailand. we left our previous paradise island in the gulf of thailand (the east side) in a fit of ambition, determined not to settle for merely beautiful surroundings, intent to discover a beach of clearly unsurpassed ecstasy and tranquility. actually, i think ladye just wanted to test whether i was up to the 12 hour overnight bus ride.

railay beach is unphotographable, although i took some tentative shots which are posted here. if you're curious, i'd recommend google images for some real photographer's efforts. it's mouth watering.

the beach is in a shallow cove, bordered by towering and impossibly beautiful limestone cliffs, hundreds of meters high. the backdrop of the beach (in the water looking back towards land) is largely jungle, as the resorts and bungalows have been surprisingly mindful about leaving a screen of vegetation between themselves and the beach. behind the resorts, more limestone monoliths watch over the coast from the highlands inland. beautiful.

we spent a great deal of our time floating semi-weightless in cool and buoyant saltwater, which might explain the heavy and comfortable blanket of peace and serenity which became our constant companion. long hours would pass with scarcely a thought. it's amazing how restorative emptiness can be.

today we ready ourselves for our journey to india. we'll be in transit for a few days, and our final destination for this leg of the trip is rishikesh, in the foothills of the himalayas. i'm excited to be on the move again.

as always, thanks for all of your love and support.

namaste


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



27th June 2007

Your Deliciousnesses
Dear Purveyors of E-Deliciousness, I believe I could smell the smells of that last beach - Raitay - Gigantic Wow. And though limited, I picked up on a pleasant contentment from those eyes of yours (both sets). Happiness even. So from this desk at an immigration firm I send you very little that you need, save a longlasting and sincere love for/with you. Blessed be on your jaunts through time, in and out of the Greater and Lesser Mysteries. Amore, Deke
27th June 2007

Adorable
You two look precious! And very relaxed... mission 1 accomplished. Enjoy the traveling adventure to India!
7th July 2007

Magic Monkey Friend
Dave, find the monkey, he has secrets.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb