the blue lagoon


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

greetings beloved landlubbers.

in the tropics they have a season called monsoon. it's hot and wet, though not necessarily in that order. things don't dry out, but that's ok because even if they did you'd just get them wet again when you jumped back in the sea.

we're alternating between the warm surf and cool showers, back and forth about three times per day. in addition, we're staying at a thai culinary school on a lagoon, so we're eating a lot of ridiculously good food.

we've decided to stay here for about a week, after which we'll head back to bangkok for a couple of days before flying out to delhi. from delhi, we'll be taking busses and trains to dharamsala, home of the tibetan government-in-exile, for a week long teaching given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. needless to say, we're excited.

the thai people have been incredibly freindly, and it's suprisingly easy and inexpensive to get around. ladye is teaching me the fine art of haggling, which i'm beginning to think i might actually enjoy.

time has disappeared. we watch the tides, the clouds, and the rain falling on the lagoon. we eat great food and drink fresh coconut shakes. the air is thick with relaxation, and we're breathing deeply. i am hungry for the structure of a daily yoga class, but until then, i'm going to slug it out here on the tropical island. at the blue lagoon.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb