long isalnd ice tea virgin nolonger!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
March 13th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we left ko toa and headed for krabi, we didn't’t stay in krabi we went straight to a place called railey by long boat. Jane was meeting some guys she had met in Australia for a night out.

I could tell straight away tell that the west coast of Thailand is much more expensive than the east coast. where i was paying 100 baht per night in ko phangnan and ko toa i was now paying 450 baht per night. now this is still only 6.50 per night. once you know you can pay 1 - 2 pounds you don't want to pay anymore.

the west coast is much more accessible to people on package holidays and only spending as few weeks over here as you can fly straight into phuket and there are loads of destinations only a few hours by boat. i think this given the west coast a completely different feel. much higher class. lots of big hotels and expensive restaurants. but i was enjoying the change of scenery and there were still some great bars and intimate clubs. and of course we didn't really notice the difference that much as we were still staying in the cheapest accomodation which had no air con, only a fan and a cold shower, no t.v just the very basics. but it was one up from the cramped beach hut!

we didn't really have any time to do anything in railey so we slept for a bit during the day to prepare ourselves for that evening.

we went and had dinner and watched a film called little miss sunshine, which i though was brilliant. so that got things off to a good start. i was on sprite but the girls started on cocktails and we decided to try the much raved about long island ice tea. oh my god was it strong. it had at least 6 shots in it and i actually lost my breath for a second when i tried it for the first time. and so it begun.....

we met up with guys jane knew and they were all really nice. we headed for the bars. the bars here are all really cool. they play reggae and old school hip hop music which i just love to dance to. alice i was pulling my reggae dance and everyone loved it. well i was pissed so i thought they loved it but they were probably laughing at me not with me.but i enjoyed myself thoroughly anyway. they had fire throwers and dancers, bands playing all sorts of classic tunes. they had an endless list of cocktails which i know we took full advantage of! i danced myself silly and had a great night. i'm sure you can see by the pics.finally got in at about 5am. well i didn't actually get into my bed as jo had pulled and taken the key with her. so i had to crash at beth and jane's. had a crap nights sleep and felt very rough the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb