Phuket - James Bond Island.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 29th 2013
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 7.97501, 98.3515

James Bond Island.
We got up quite early and drive around an hour to get onto a boat to get us to the island.The landscape is so different from anything I had ever seem. There are all of these tall rocks poking out of the sea. It really is beautiful. Once again it was all over cast so the sky and sea where just a shade of grey. I'm sure if the sun was shining the sky and sea would have been an amazing shade of blue and would have given us an even more amazing view.
Phang nga is the name of the Island but they filmed a James Bond movie there so it has been nicknamed James Bond Island. There is one rock that is so tall. It looks like a Giants tooth has fallen out of the sky and landed in the sea. The Rock is so much narrower at the bottom. There are bushed and trees growing on the rock. Amazing.
The caves are pretty special too on the island.
We jumped onto canoes and we were taken under a huge rock cave. It was pretty scary. We could almost touch the roof of the cave.
Famous Photo location.Famous Photo location.Famous Photo location.

James Bond Island
We stopped off for lunch at another small island that was just restaurants and shops. There was no land but the island was made up of bamboo tilts and wooden planks. Once again very clever and once again the food was fantastic.
Then on to the elephants.
The show was a little silly but Serena got a massage from two elephants and we soaked our feet in the fish tanks with the little fish that ate away the dead skin from your feet. It really tickles, but fun.
We also rode a cart pulled by an ox that took us to the elephant ride.
It's very touristy but still fun.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb