Two days in Phuket!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 26th 2017
Published: January 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We've arrived in Phuket! It's absolutely baking hot, so a 40 minute car journey is not what we want right straight off the bat, especially when part of that is the cab driver stopping to get petrol! We arrive at our hotel, dump our bags and walk directly across the street to a biker bar where we have the tastiest food this whole trip so far! All washed down with ice cold Coke and Sprite!

Once we are sufficiently fed and watered we head back over the road to actually check in, I'll be honest are hotel isn't the best, it's small, noisy and grotty looking, but we're here for two nights and it's in a good location! It also has a really good shower in it so we're all good! We head out to Patong Beach and have a lay in the sun! It's baking, so hot that we can only manage about an hour and a half before we have to head back. After a few hours back in our room (napping) we get up and head for Bangla Road...

The only way I can describe Bangla Road is, imagine the Zante strip, add to that more sex, drugs, drinking and throw in some lady boys for good measure. Im not a prude, but I didn't know where to look most of the time. We enjoyed some drinks after a lovely meal of Pad Thai and Spring Rolls, and that's when it happened.... I'd always joked about it but somehow I'd ended up in a small dark club surrounded by couples, horny young men and multiple boobs!! Embracing 'Things to do in Thailand' we had gone into see a Ping Pong show... if you don't know what it is, google it, it's too rude to explain and my Mum reads this! All I will say is, I will never look at Eggs in the same way!

On Wednesday we decided to visit Tiger Kingdom and do Go Karting! We had such a fun day! We got in and played with 5-6 month old tigers who were absolutely beautiful! Full disclosure here, whilst I do think the cages they live in are too small, they are definitely NOT drugged! They are very healthy looking. As you know we have five cats, and the behaviour of these tigers was the exact same as our cats on a hot day. Cats love to sleep, of course these tigers have been hand reared from birth, and they are very well fed and trained, but they are cats and as long as a cat isn't having its back legs played with or having its whiskers pulled, actually they're pretty happy to let you rub their bellies.

We finished our day with dinner and a pub quiz which we came third in (Thanks to Mikey entirely) and I had a pedicure and Mikey had a hot stone massage. Onto Phi Phi tomorrow....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb