Day 1 - Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
August 5th 2006
Published: August 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 1,

We arrived phuket on time no delay by Airasia and we are delighted that the weather is so good, yeah....no rain. We check in a a decent hotel call Patong Villa not bad as we take the suite which cost only 1930THB + 3% charge if you used credit card. What came to our surprise is that, they are a lot of non-Thai people selling goods from the stalls that usually run by a Thai, they look like from India or bangladesh. No offence to those people, we just few a bit strange and they are few of them in Bangla road and stalls next the Zen restaurant. The few of them are very irritating, sorry to say; what happen was that they tried to tease a tourists ( ladies ) who walk by ( don't know what he said ) out of a sudden, the ladies started to shout at them and tell them off. The guy appologise for his behaviour which is fine, but right after she left he start cursing and use the F*** word all the way... Sorry to say that we found out that the stalls run by a foreigner rather than to local Thai are not frendly at all and what they want is just your money. Watch out for those people....

Ok, what nice about Patong is the restaurant near the beach and they have live band which is pretty cool. We choose the one call " The Port " it was good, the food was nice and price are not that expensive but it is not cheap on the other hand. We were lucky to catch some fireworks which sponsor by Proton( a Malaysian car manufacture ). After that we head back to the hotel as we have an early transfer to Ao Nang... at 7.15am ... too early for us... but no choice as a boat transfer will cost us 850THB per person from Phuket to Ao Nang via Koh Phi Phi and eta will be around 5pm!!!. Overland transfer will cost us about 400THB from Phuket to Aonang and it cost us around 4.5 hours only.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb