Day 2 - Day 5, Ao Nang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
August 6th 2006
Published: August 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We depart from Phuket from 7.15am by land to Ao Nang which cost us 400 THB each..phew.. and this was the beginning of a very very long transfer...

First the mini bus head to Karon beach and pickup a couple from Singapore and initially we were told that only 4 of us in the bus which didn't happen... then the bus head to Kata beach and pickup a guy from Canada, after that we head strainght to Phuket Town and pick up another 4 people ( 2 girls & 3 guys from US ). So in total how many do we have:

4+2+1+5 = 12 people in a mini bus .. ( oh my god ) by the time that he pickup everyone it was around 9.30am already. Then half way the driver stop and drop 5 people from the US then later drop another person in a Shell petrol station. Which left 6 of us now, that's better than having 12 people cramp in the mini bus. It took us another 3 hours to reach Ao Nang and once again we have to stop somewhere near Krabi Town. This time we are waiting for our transfer to Ao Nang, this is the excuse that they give. Actually they wanna sell us some tour and hotel stay ..etc... which we are not interested at all since we have made all the necessary booking thru the internet. They let us wait for another 15min, then this people put us in a car and finally we reach our hotel.... what a nice hotel that we have, the weather is good no rain and the room is bigger than our expectation.

After we settle our luggage we head straight to lunch as we are very very very hungry since we have not eaten anything from morning till now and we only take our lunch somewhere around 2.30pm. We just choose a restaurant 2 blocks away from our hotel which call something like " Boat noodle " the food was very very delicious not because we are hungry. I mean it really nice!! The price are cheap only 30THB for a Pad Thai, we can't believe ourselves when we saw the price list.

After lunch we head straight to the beach but before that since the girls like to try out the motobike we went to rent 2 from the shop
Ao nang BeachAo nang BeachAo nang Beach

..Sun Shine... no rain... can't believe we have so much sun for a raining season.
and it cost us 200 THB a day. Actually they offer 150THB to some other customer ( we found out during our last day stay in Ao Nang ... haha ). Later in the evening we go to find some Hana Tattoo, after supper we head straight to bed.

The next day we charter a long tail since the weather is extremely good, we decided to go to Poda Island. This is a must go Island as it is very beautiful and crystal clear beach. It cost us 1600 THB to charter the long tail for whole day. Just look at the picture.....

Part 2.... to be continue...



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Ao nang BeachAo nang Beach
Ao nang Beach

..Sun Shine... no rain... can\'t believe we have so much sun for a raining season.
Poda IslandPoda Island
Poda Island

chech out the beach


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb