From Sleeping in Paradise Phuket To A Police Station


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
August 4th 2006
Published: August 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the great comments.
Since leaving Phang Ngan, we headed to Phuket and we found our nicest accomodation so far which was heaven. We went to nearby beaches (Karon and Kata beach) the next day which were meant to be untouristy. However there were quite a few there but nonetheless they were both very beautiful.
The next day we headed to Kamala beach which was a beach affected badly by the Tsunami and it was very pretty and there were hardly any tourists there. Out of curiosity we also wanted to see the most tourisy beach on the island and so we started a hike there on the highway. Luckily, a local (Ton) on a moped stopped and gave us a lift there as it was very far. He then became our tour guide and took us to a school his brother teaches at. He told us that this school had 400 orphans as a result of the tsunami which live at the school. He also showed us a lovely pile of books which were donated to the school from abroad tsunami relief. However they were just in a big pile - probably because they were pretty useless for young children (All in english and about losing weight/the stock exchange).
We then went to the southern most point of Phuket the following day which had lovely views (the best in Phuket). We also went to Rawei beach which had many boats (see picture Keith).
We then went to a nearby waterfall which was very nice as there were no tourists and Bobby was going to do a Bungy jump but the place was closed.
We had a nice relaxing time at the movies the next day with Ton and we saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 which was pretty rubbish. He also took us to the best temple in Phuket and a nice view point which was meant to have monkeys but luckily it didn't!
We then went to Big C and Tescos of course and we had a great time shopping. We always have a lot of fun looking at the T-shirts which have dodgy English on them. For example, "Im not fosse, I just have better ideas" and the one in the picture which me and Bobby think is particulary strange. What do you think?
We then got the bus the next day to HuaHin which we were told would take 9 hours but it turned out that it took 13 hours! Not only that but this meant that we arrived at 2 am when all the guesthouses were closed. We therefore decided to camp out outside the Police Station which seemed like the best option. However, the policeman were kind enough to let us kip in the station which was great as it had air coniditioning and comfy sofas.
We left the police station very early in the morning and our new best friend, No, helped us find a nice guesthouse. She is looking for a nice english husband if anyone is interested? We found ourselves getting withdrawl symptoms from Tescos and so we paid the local Tesco a visit which was great.
Tommrow we are going to a national park which should be lovely and then we will continue to back up north.

We are on budget so far which is good because if we find we have money to spare in LA we can head to Disneyland!
Although the room in Phuket was lovely, it didnt have a TV. So we do miss watching films, especially Superman as we both thought Superman looked like Keith! Does anyone agree?





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



4th August 2006

Best Blog Yet!!
Loved this one - loads of intersting stuff here: Southern most points (rings a bell), nights in the police station, (doesn't ring a bell) and 13 hour bus journeys (I can't find Huahin on my map?). Very interesting about the "aid" books - I wondered what the money went on! What made the accomadation heaven (having no TV?). Keith being Superman - well you never see them in the same room do you? Have a great time, but remember DON'T BE A RICHARD!!
4th August 2006

Hello
Hiya sorry i just came across your email (which for some reason had gone to my bulk mail) lucky i checked before emptying box) I will reply this weekend as am busy cleaning (dad is back over here for a few weeks) Loving that you are getting to know some locals, love the tshirts, love the story about kipping at the police station...they could have offered you a cell with a bed! x
5th August 2006

Under arrest
I'm looking forward to pics and info about Hua Hin? The Phuket pics are terrific! So sad that you were arrested.........
5th August 2006

Keith
When I used to go dancing with my friend Maureen - our nickname for Keith was "Superman" because he looked like Clark Kent. Love the boats and the T-shirt.
6th August 2006

tv
Dad and I agree that the new series of Dragon's Den is well up to usual standard, and the new judges seem OK. BTW did you read the gossip on Apprentice that I sent? Glad you had police protection - you will need it with dodgy slogans like that on your T-shirts.. Post up the pics of the national park - you know I wanted to stop off there on my way back to Bangkok but no time. Have fun back in Bangkok and onwards. xxxxx

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb