Day 9 – Oh no, she didn’t.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 28th 2012
Published: March 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to downtown Phuket. It’s our last day in Patong/Phuket, so we felt it was about time we checked it out. And glad we did! The shopping mall in Phuket was like the street shops, only located inside with air-condition and much cheaper. We all went a little crazy, but things were so cheap it was hard to resist. If Bangkok is similar in prices and selection, we might have a problem on our hands 😉

We’re going to Bangkok tomorrow morning! Four nights, lots of shopping. I’m excited! Hopefully I get to tan some more before we go back to Denmark; my current tan is fairly indistinct. But then again, my mom’s a redhead – what can I do? Luckily, it seems to be the same kind of weather in Bangkok, sunny and about 33 degrees, so I guess I just have to make an effort.

We have to catch a flight to Bangkok at 12, so we’re getting up at 7.30. I hope there’s free Wi-Fi at the other hotel (I have had to pay 20 kr. an hour at this hotel to update the blog and I’m having withdrawal symptoms). Since we’re flying to Bangkok, we have to pack our luggage tonight, only to unpack again after the 1½ hour flight. Kasper is having problems fitting all his new stuff into his one suitcase, which was already filled to the brink on the way to Thailand. He’ll have to borrow some space from our suitcases.

Total subject change. A little story from tonight’s dinner: we went to a small restaurant right by the hotel. While we waited for the food, Kia decided to play with the chili sauce they always have sitting in a metal container in the middle of the table. She passed it around for fun, asking us if we wanted any and dared us to try it. We all declined. She finally gave up on it, but a few minutes later, she let out a whine. The imbecile – mind you, she’s 12½ - had rubbed her eye after playing with chili. The waitress was kind enough to get her an ice pack, but her poor eye was red and slightly swollen all through dinner. No worries though, her eye’s fine now.

P.S. Since we're leaving Phuket (and because I didn't have that many pictures from today), I added some random photos that didn't make the cut the first time around but were all taken within the last 5 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Taxi busTaxi bus
Taxi bus

The one we went on today! (See picture with Kasper inside it)
Posing with AsiansPosing with Asians
Posing with Asians

Kia was constantly asked to pose with Asians on the ferry - she finally managed to get a picture on our camera


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb