Phuket day 2 & 3


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 12th 2006
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Para sailingPara sailingPara sailing

Para sailing
Went to the Beach again! The sun was scorching hot though. Lazed on the deck chairs rented to us by one of the many touts. Tried out para sailing and it was a pretty good experience with a nice view of the beach from up there.

Headed into phuket town again to do some shopping in the local shops and malls before heading to Rwai beach at the tip of Phuket island to view the sunset. Initially thought we wouldn't make it cause we were caught in a jam but after the tuk tuk driver cleared the jam, he drove like a maniac and we were greeted with a breathtaking sunset view.

Back to Patong beach for our dinner. The streets of phuket are littered with scooters, bars, girls with the familiar sounds of motorized advertisements for Muay Thai which is basically Thai Kick boxing. After some time it gets into your head with the repetition of " Muay Thai, Thai boxing , Tonight ! " going on and on through out the night. More shooping after eating.

We rented a scooter for only 150 baht (SG$7)! Didnt exactly have any experience but figured
sunsetsunsetsunset

Sunset at Rwai
how hard can a motorized bicycle looking vehicle be? We were wrong! YF almost crashed the sccooter in front of the hotel with a worried looking security guard running out to see what was happening! After that we basically practised in a back alley. Pretty fun though...heh. Scary sometimes but I guess being open to try new things opens new doors.
After this we played German Bridge till 5am in the morning.

3rd day. We basically did more shopping in phuket town. Visited the Gem factory and Central festival. However, our Tuk Tuk driver who brought us here went missing! We were running a little late for our flight so we had to be fleeced by this cab driver to bring us back to our hotel for 300 baht (SG$13)! Apparently all the taxis in the area agree to not take a lower price. Clever ploy cause most tuk tuk drivers will willingly take you to and from Patong Beach for just 200 baht. Oh well....A pleasnt trip nonetheless...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

sunset2sunset2
sunset2

Sunset at Rwai 2
SccoterSccoter
Sccoter

Scooter Rental
hotelhotel
hotel

Patong Bayshore hotel


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb