Refit of Marnie


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 21st 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tigs and Walter on Valentine's DayTigs and Walter on Valentine's DayTigs and Walter on Valentine's Day

Fully committed at their Committment Vows Ceremony
Since arriving at Boat Lagoon on 24 December 2010, a miraculous transformation of an already exquisite vessel has begun. The painting of the entire exterior is underway as Marnie sits under a tent in the boatyard at Boat Lagoon being beautified. The interior has been remodelled with a double stateroom being created out of our starboard crew quarters and it is turning into a playroom with great bookshelves, enclosed TV screen for those rare occasions we watch DVD's, huge storage to get the excess 'stuff' out of sight and a great big bed with loads of headroom. Quite excellent craftsmanship by Mr Phon and his team and Samran's team of painters are doing a great job on the exterior.

We are staying in the resort adjacent to the boatyard which is conveniently placed for the swimming pool, our favourite restaurant (The Winch) and our friends who are staying on docks in the marina. As we have our Bromptons in operation we cycle around to collect essentials and rent scooters and cars from a business on the street which does our laundry and vehicle rentals ... an interesting combination of services! Yesterday we had the afternoon at Banana Beach on the
The happy couplesThe happy couplesThe happy couples

Tigs and Walter with Suzie and Tom (S/V Priscilla)
west coast, which is particularly pretty and worthy of another visit as the water was clean and clear - unlike the marina which is muddy, shallow and has the boat sitting rather than floating.

Our good friends Suzie and Tom on Priscilla are leaving today for Langkawi enroute to Washington for a home visit. On Valentines Day we all had a commitment ceremony aboard Marnie and champagne aboard Priscilla - like a wedding ceremony but without the man in the collar. We have been bird sitting for Rocky and Tela, two beautiful cockatoo's. Always looking for an animal fix ... here it is, although of course a dog might be more interactive and appealing. The only trouble is they will not come out of their cages for me to feed, shower or stroke them - instead they launch at me with puffed out feathers and sharp beaks from the safety of the far end of the perch so that I can't perform the duties assigned to me and which I want to undertake. As a result they are probably not happy - stuck in cages for three days won't be much fun after the usual attention and love they receive from their owners.

One can never predict anything accurately in Thailand, but it looks like we will be here for another two months with the carpentry and painting projects being finished perhaps around April. I will update the blog next month to show the progress.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSC03494DSC03494
DSC03494

To house bookshelves and a TV screen


1st March 2011

Walter and Tigs, Marnie is very impressive as is your renovation work. I have enjoyed your blog as my research with corals has taken me to some of the places you have been (Savusavu Fiji, Tonga, Makassar Strait). Living my dream. Bonne chance.....
5th March 2011

looking good
watch out for blackbeard no kidding looking forward to seeing progress pictures be safe
12th April 2011
The emotional bridesmaid!

PLEASE FORWARD TEL. # --NOW!!!!ARFE
ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL ??? SURLY YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING FOOLISH,JUST WHEN YOU HAVING SO MUCH FUN BEING FOOTLOOSE AND FANCY FREE.IF I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING STUPID,I WOULD HAVE FLOWN IN FOR THE PARTY,I GUESS IT'S TO LATE NOW.I ASSUME THE YARD HAS FINISHED OR WILL SHORTLY FINISH THE REDESIGN OF THE FORWARD CABIN IN WHICH EVENT YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY AGAIN OR WILL BE SOON.JAN JOINS ME IN EXTENDING CONGRADUALTIONS AND WE BOTH LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU NO LATER THAN XMAS AND HOPEFULLY SONNER !!! BYE !!!

Tot: 0.554s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.2336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb