Phuket Fantasea


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had another lazy day to begin with - getting up, having breakfast... just taking it easy. We went down to our mate Roo and he organised a tuk tuk driver for us. He took us to the obligatory gem stores first and yes we bought some lovely stuff. I bought a lovely stirling silver necklace and at the pearl shop I found some black pearl earrings that I just had to have. We went touring to the temples which were just as amazing as I remember. We then went to the big budda. This is amazing and it is still under construction but it will be a fantastic place when it is all finished. The budda is on a hill overlooking phuket and you have an amazing view. The majority of the budda is being built by hand, the builders bringing up buckets of cement by rope.
We must be jinxed on this trip. Yesterday we had the lovely company of of our cooking guests and today we had a wonderful tranfer experience. We went to Fantasea tonight. We were ready for our 6.15 pick up and the driver was on time. We then headed off to pick up some people at another hotel. The driver headed into the hotel leaving us in the mini van. 15 minutes went by before he came out trying to tell us something but we couldn't quite understand - he then disappeared leaving us chatting about rude people who aren't ready on time. 35 minutes went by before the driver came back with two guys - we weren't impressed but later found out that the transfer company had stuffed up with the times and their pick up wasn't supposed to be until 7.00. Any way we finally arrived, had our buffet dinner and had a quick look around before the show. It was fantastic and Pam really enjoyed her first time viewing.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb