30th May


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 30th 2009
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back to the Dentist today for the new front teeth. The dentist let me go in to see what the new teeth will look like. These are crowns and not veneers. Warrens dentist had previously ruined his teeth for veneers so we had to go the more expensive way and have the crowns fitted. I was in there while she administered the anaesthetic etc. She was very good. She first numbed the area where she was putting the injections and when she put the needle in, she took well over a minute to very slowly put the anaesthetic in. Not like at home where they just jab you and pump the stuff in. The teeth, I must say they look really good. She has even made his bite better. His teeth always did protrude slightly but now with a slight adjustment, she brought them in a little and they look great. This dentist is a very tiny, very young lady and so is the specialist but they certainly know what they are doing. They have books of people from all over the world in the waiting room with testimonials and lots of repeat customers that come and have work done on a yearly basis. Everyone has to fill in a page of the book before they leave. There are also photos of the people next to their little write up. It is very reassuring to see this as it can be quite unsettling to have this sort of work done outside your own country. It also makes you realise that the work we have done in our own country is very substandard and then you come to a country like this or India and have such professionalism, it is hard to understand the reasoning behind why we seem to have such a 3rd world standard of treatments in our Health Industry.
Spent the rest of the day beside and in the pool, beautiful hot day, temperature around 34 Celsius. There were no kids around so we hijacked the kids hydroslide, but it wasn’t long before we were overrun and getting bad looks from the mothers. Bloody great…… the kids are aloud to invade the big pool, but when we invade the kids pool………we get acid stares.
Went and had a 1 hour foot and Thai massage - absolutely bliss.
In the evening we went for the final fitting of Murv’s suit and to pick it up. Wow! They have made a fantastic job of it. He doesn’t look like a stick figure in drag in this one. They have tailored the clothing to fit and made a beautiful job.
Went had dinner and finished the night off at the Dino Park Mini Golf. This place is great. It is an 18 hole mini golf that goes thru a Jurassic Park like setting complete with a steaming mountain that creates an eerie mist. I WON!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb