29th May


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 29th 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

No Dentist today. After brekkie we took our washing up the road to have washed and ironed.
We then took in a Phuket tour, this was an all day affair. We did some site seeing and checked out the cashew factory, went elephant riding and checked out a couple of really old temples. One was a Thai temple and the other an old Chinese Shrine and the oldest Chinese mansion dating back to the mid 1800’s. We checked out another gem factory but I was really restrained, Gaylene however had a ball - that credit card has to be red hot.
Next we went up the island to a national park and had lunch, checked out a waterfall and then went to see how they got rubber from the rubber trees and made rubber mats. We had a ride in a cart pulled by a massive water buffalo and were shown how they used to de-husk rice and separate it. We got back to the hotel around 6pm. Murv got measured up the other day for a suit, shirt and tie. After a swim at the pool, we shot over to the tailors and he had a fitting. All looking really good. Gaylene and I then had our eyes tested at the neighbouring optician and I am getting new lenses for my glasses and Gaylene is getting new glasses. There goes that hot credit card again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb