Thailand for Christmas and New Years !


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 24th 2005
Published: March 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Dec. 24 Christmas Eve morning!Dec. 24 Christmas Eve morning!Dec. 24 Christmas Eve morning!

On our Way to Thailand on Thai Airways!
Well, I don't even know where to begin with this trip. It began on a bit of a sad note. It was difficult on December 24 getting on the plane with Shannon, Chris and Jody realizing that we were far from home on Christmas Eve and listening to Christmas songs as we boarded. HOwever we were ready for a break from the COLD weather and getting ready to enter paradise. WOW, did we ever. Jody and I parted ways for Phuket and Shannon and Chris (fellow Canadians) left for koh Sumai. We reached Phuket around 7:00pm in time for dinner and our first fruity drink!
Our guesthouse was basic /cheap but everything we needed for 20.00 dollars a night. The staff there were amazing. So helpful and friendly. Christmas Eve we down the beach and had dinner there. We were so excited for the morning ot see more the area. The next morning I was up by 6:00 am and we were exchanging xmas gifts (in bathing suits!)
After we walked down by the beach and looked fora WESTERN breakfast. We were craving that after living in Korea for 5 months!
We found the Phuket Orchid resort buffet breakfast!! All you can eat - fresh egg omelets, fresh fruit, fresh juice, BACON and I could go on and on! wow what a great beginning. We did some early shopping and hit the beach. Beautiful weather the whole trip ! Later in the afternoon I got a THAI massage on the beach.
INCREDIBLE- all the way from your feet all the way to your face!! It was so cheap too. So basically everyday we were not a tour "Jody" got massages!!! I got 2.
SOme of our days were spent getting pedicures as well.
On the Tsumani Anniversary , it was a very powerful day for the locals and everyone there. We talked a lot to the locals. We shared some of the photos we bought from last years horrendous event. It was so interesting to get first hand stories but so sad and difficult to even imagine. I watched the sun set with a local one day and its great to understand what is seemingly important to them and what is important to Westerners...
We met so many nice people from around the world..Switzerland, Sweden, England well many Europeans.
We toured Phi Phi island where the beach was filmed - you
Aww Heaven First MargaritaAww Heaven First MargaritaAww Heaven First Margarita

We got beautiful Thai orchids from a little girl selling them by the restaurant.
will see pics! I cannot describe anything in words
We canoed caves and lagoons in James Bond Island- you will see pics
We went elephant treking and saw a monkey show too...... I even got an elephant massage
New Years Eve was unforgetable... They were lightening lanterns over the water in memory of the people who passed in the Tsunami tradegy. There were firecrackers everywhere on the streets. We went out the staff at our guesthouse after a huge seafood new years dinner!
I will never forget the few bars across the way from our guesthouse. My favourite reggae music all day and all night. Live bands every night. Amazing musicians who taught us to play bongos!
One more thing is the FOOD in Thailand. I LOVED IT! YUM YUM- We even had lobster on Christmas Day. Spicy green curry, Thai soups and noodles are to die for! Well I could go on but it is difficult to put Thailand into words!! Have a look at some of my pics! (key word being some!) ENJOY




Additional photos below
Photos: 120, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Christmas morning !Christmas morning !
Christmas morning !

Merry Christmas - 28 degrees outside!
Christmas morning !Christmas morning !
Christmas morning !

Wake up Jody!
Christmas morning !Christmas morning !
Christmas morning !

morning walk of karon beach Phuket
Christmas morning !Christmas morning !
Christmas morning !

morning walk of karon beach Phuket
Christmas morning !Christmas morning !
Christmas morning !

morning walk of karon beach Phuket
Bacon!Bacon!
Bacon!

full western style!
First great swim in the sea!First great swim in the sea!
First great swim in the sea!

that's me in the red bathing suit!
Thai massage- I am in heavenThai massage- I am in heaven
Thai massage- I am in heaven

haha!!!! What a shot
Playing the Bongo'sPlaying the Bongo's
Playing the Bongo's

right across from our guesthouse (literally 5 steps!)


Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb