greetings from thailand!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello all!!

adam & i are in thailand; phuket to be exact! we flew into bangkok on sunday night and spent a night in bangkok (that's all you need!!) lol..... then the next day we took a grueling 12 HOUR bus ride from bangkok to phuket!

phuket is BEAUTIFUL!! the weather has been perfect so far & the guest house that we're staying at is EVEN better. it's so clean (i've got pics to prove it!) and the staff are wonderful.

we arrived in phuket at 7am & checked into our guest house called HILLSIDE. we dropped off our bags and took a walk along patong beach. it was peaceful since everyone is still asleep. after we got back from the beach we went across the street and rented two motor bikes for $250 baht (about $8 bucks canadian) for the DAY! as we were going up a hill towards karon/kata beach, my bike runs out of gas - naturally adam kept riding. this old woman came up to me (seeing that i was in distress) & started speaking in thai. i guess she thought i was thai. i told her in ENGLISH that i didn't understand her
adam doing what he does best!adam doing what he does best!adam doing what he does best!

only this time he's tanning at the same time!
yet she kept speaking to me in THAI. i showed her the gas meter & the letter "E" then she told me to push the bike down the hill for some petro - NO SHIT SHERLOCK! just to annoy her i spoke in ENGLISH and told her that i was waiting for my friend who is probably half way to the beach by now. needless to say, i love messing with old thai woman that have no teeth. oh and adam came back. i guess he felt bad for leaving me so he pushed his bike with me to the nearest gas station.

we spent a couple of hours at the beach (which was beautiful). see the pics and get jealous! lol.... as we were heading back to the guest house to wash up; adam slips and falls off his bike! AHAHAHHAHAHA. LMFAO!! all these people who were getting surfing lessons looked in shocked wondering WTF just happened! lol.. adam scratched the bike and his leg - his fault.

after the beach we hung out on the strip (it got crazy busy by then) with the usual store front owners harassing both adam & i to buy suits and everything imaginable.

adam did get something permanent. see pic...lol.... & so did i, but it's in an area that cannot be shown. & it's not a tattoo! eeekk!

we're off to phi phi island tomorrow and spending the night then it's another 12 HOUR bus back to BANGKOK where we have to take another 12 HOUR bus to Cambodia!!

another update won't be until a few days.

until then - keep fit & have fun!!!

cheers,

tuan & adam!

NB: computer's really slow; will upload more pics with next update (fingers crossed!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

khao san roadkhao san road
khao san road

infamous!


1st October 2008

How's the sand there? I think I can actually read his tattoo! hahahahaha So, were doing our driveway and my mother wants to know... ...is khao san road interlocked w/stone or tile, or is it paved concrete? hahahah

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb