Phuket - Patong Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 16th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kuala Lumpur - Phuket

16/05/2008

Patong BeachPatong BeachPatong Beach

Our resort pool, complete with pool bar
We got up and packed our stuff up to head back to the airport again. We left the hotel quite early and didn’t have to push through the market because they weren’t open yet. We took the local train a few stops and got off to look for the Air Asia shuttle bus, after asking someone we eventually found it and were on our way to the airport. When we checked in and were told that our luggage weighed too much, it was 15kg each but we were at around 20kg each so we had to pay extra for excess baggage. After a short flight we arrived in Phuket, to similar hot and humid conditions which we encountered in Kuala Lumpur. When we passed imergration into Phuket we once again had taxi drivers waiting for us trying to rip us off. We needed to get to our resort in Patong Beach and had read that you can easily hail a taxi if you walk past the airport car park. So we did that and it wasn’t too soon before we had a taxi, he wanted 500Baht but we told him 400B and he took it.

It took over an hour
Patong BeachPatong BeachPatong Beach

The second pool at our amazing resort
to reach Patong Beach in this cab but finally after a nervous wait he dropped us off at our resort. We walked inside and they greeted us with cold hand towels and a welcome cocktail, I was loving it already. We sat and waited for receoption to process our reservation until one staff member came and showed us to our room. When we got to our room he asked us if we had the key, which we didn’t so we had to wait till someone else came and brought the key, but finally after that we were in our air conditioned room. We got changed into our bathers and headed out for a swim in one of the two pools. We decided with the pool with a bar, jumped in the cool water and ordered some cocktails. Hannah and I got chatting to these two gay Australian guys who were telling us about things down in Patong Beach, they invited us out but we weren’t sure if we were going to come because we were tired. We swam around for a little longer then headed back to our room to get changed. We went down to the resort restaurant and ate dinner and had some drinks, by then we were so tired we went back to our room and straight to sleep.

Accommodation:
Deevana Patong Resort


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb