day 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 8th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

is it really happening? is the soreness going away (slightly)? is training getting a tiny bit easier?

it seems that i am finally reaching the point where my body is over the initial shock of starting training. i don't know if i mentioned this before, but i've been only doing 5 hours of workout a day, and i think very soon i'll be up to both sessions a day.

at this point, aside from the soreness in my calves and abs and back and shoulders, the pain is from bruises. let me tell you, between the bruises and the mosquito bites, i am looking puh-retty sexy.

for the first time, when training finished, i didn't go home and collapse into a semi-coma for a few hours. i actually walked home, showered, and went back to meet brandon and nick for a film at the cinema.

they have a taxi driver they always call, who gives them a fair rate. he does stuff like take them to the movies, and pick them up after. for this reason, we call him "daddy" behind his back.

here in thailand, wowee. there is this thing called first class cinema. it means you pay more and you get to hang out in the VIP waiting lounge, eat little finger foods, and when you watch the film, you get free popcorn and soda and you totally have a massive la-z-boy recliner! it is sweet! they even give you a blanket! it is amazing.

there is a big fight tonight in patong. i would like to go, but it is really out of my budget for this week. watching pro fights would be cool, but especially so since our very own instructors are fighting tonight. fortunately, they seem to have fights pretty frequently. there were fights on tuesday, too.

i am settling in comfortably to the lifestyle here. get up with the roosters, go to bed early, accept that i will always be a little too warm. the thai people i have met here are welcoming and helpful. any instructor on a motorbike that sees me walking gives me a ride home, even when it is totally out of his way. i am already losing track of what day it is, and, aside from training time, i usually don't know exactly what time it is. i don't have a cell phone or home phone or tv or radio. my transportation is my own two legs, my music is whatever i can squeak out of my guitar, and when i am not training, i spend a lot of time reading. it is pretty fantastic.

this all after i just explained how i went to the first class cinema.

as i become more and more accustomed to the training, i am excited about exploring the island some more. hopefully i will post some pics here soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb