Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
August 5th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to fly down to the islands yet again.... after hearing about the overnight journeys on trains and buses we simply we not interested in 28 hours of travelling..... and sharing sleeping quarters with wierdo's!!

Instead of the brightly painted plane, we got on a plane that was painted like a bird.... with the nose cone being the beak!! One look at this plane and we knew this one would fly... its painted like a bird!! A brief stop at the airport and we got onto another plane...... all in all we had flew twice as far as the trip up to ching mai, and it had only cost an extra tenner!! We got into a taxi at phuket with a portuguese couple who were also doing a spot of travelling and went off to kata beach to find somewhere to stay.

Phuket is a lot more commercial than the previous holiday resorts we'd been to, although we both quite like the choices of places to eat and drink. We didnt do alot here apart from get quite sunburnt....... I (mark) had somehow managed to not suncream both my eyes and looked a bit of a panda for the next 2 days.... which brought a little smile to Bex's face everytime she looked at me!! After just a day and half we departed for Ko Phi Phi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb