Spending the whole day cooking and eating!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
August 4th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After dragging ourselves off our death beds from the food poisoning incident we decided that the best way to get over it was to go on a Thai cooking course for the day. There were 7 of us all together as we headed off to the market to buy our food. It was really interesting as our cookery teacher 'Master Suriyani' explained all the different spices, vegetables, noodles etc. and we got to try out lots of different fruit (most of which Mark spat out!)

We then headed off to Master Suriyani's house to cook and eat six different dishes, yum yum! He had been a practising monk before becoming a chef for 20 years and his brother was the first person to set up a cookery school in Chang Mai. He instructed us how to cook each dish and every couple of minutes kept saying keep stirring and keep smiling!

Our dishes included Pad Thai, Tom yam soup, sticky rice with mango, spring rolls, penang or green curry... they were delicious even if I do say so myself! We had a really nice group of people and had a really good day. I still couldn't get over eating tofu, as it had been in the sweet and sour which had given us food poisioning days before.

After a group photo we headed back with our Thai cookery books so we can try out some of the recipes on some of you lucky, brave people when we get home! We were very full but still managed to have a light dinner that evening!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb