The Johnnie Walker Classic


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 4th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The ScoreboardThe ScoreboardThe Scoreboard

Here is the standing of the players as we left on the last day of the tournament
Tough to keep this blog up to date. So I'm playing catchup. Last Sunday, I went to the Johnnie Walker Classic Golf Tournament at the Blue Canyon Country Club. I joined our friends Ray and Rita Fairclough (Ray is an avid golfer and student of the game). Blue Canyon is one of the top ranked courses in Asia. It is quite impressive. Significantly over my head but the scenery was gorgeous.

Ray couldn't help compare what it was like going to a major tournament here versus the British Open. Instead of competing with 50,000 other viewers, the gallery was really quite small. We could stand right beside the players as they were teeing off and staying with them as they progressed down the course was easy. This course was really designed for tournaments as there was plenty of room for the viewers. Lots of trees and shade which helped terrifically as the day got increasingly warm. best of all, admission was 300 baht (about $9). I'm sure the free full color brochure cost more than this to print. This tournament was truly a bargain for the gallery.

We stayed for 4 - 5 hours. By 2PM it as the
Lots of waterLots of waterLots of water

Blue Canyon CC has no shortage of water challenges
heat was peaking, we decided it was time to return home and hit the pool!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

CondosCondos
Condos

These looked like pretty nice condos along the course.
The ClubhouseThe Clubhouse
The Clubhouse

We were not able to go into the clubhouse but from the outside it was quite impressive.
Close to AirportClose to Airport
Close to Airport

Caught this Airbus taking off from Phuket International over the course


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb