It's Official


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 23rd 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yep, it's true. We are now husband and wife. We got married December 21st on a nice quiet secluded beach in Phuket, Thailand. It was great. But not without our problems. Our wedding planner was a headache. I have never met a person who was late to every meeting, not by a few mins but by an hour and we would have to call and ask where he is and then change our plans. It was painful and a pain in the ass. A few times, Hye Young was almost in tears. But I don't want to go on about him, I just will never recommend his services to anyone.

In the end though, the wedding went off beautifully. We had it on a nice quiet beach with the friends and family who made it. In total, we had 23 guests attend, way more than we thought would come. From my family, mom, dad and my sister....Hye young's mom, 2 sisters n brother in law came as well as 5 other koreans and thier 6 kids who were students of ours. Also Chris Williams and his girlfriend Cara, as well as our new Irish friends, Vincent and Alva. We were thrilled to have everyone there and we had a great time. We also know that there were many friends and family who couldn't attend but wanted to and we wish you could have been there to share this day with us. One day, we will have a social back home for you to attend.

The wedding was held at sunset and was short and sweet. About 20 minutes long followed by champagne and a "love tree planting". We then lit up a couple of lanterns and let them float into the night. We then made our way back to Patong Bay Garden Resort where we had dinner on the beach. The restaurant was fantastic and they treated us very well. I would recommend them to anyone. We had seafood baskets filled with mussels, white prawns, crabs and lobster as appetizers for everyone. Then we had a 6 course meal brought out starting with Spring Rolls, Tom Yum soup(spicy seafood coconut soup), pork with cashew nuts, green chicken curry, mixed vegetables, fried fish with sweet n sour and fresh fruit. We had a couple bottles of wine and toasted to the evening.

The party continued into the wee hours of the morning where the two drunkest people were the bride and groom passed out sick in their room. Was good fun and wished you all could have been there to see it.

So tomorow morning, we are off to Koh Pha-Ngan to hang in a quite beach and just relax. Exactly what we need after the wedding. PAtong is a bit crazy for that so we will finish some shopping and move on. After Koh Pha-Ngan, we will try and get mom and dad over to see Angkor Wat in Cambodia, one of the 7 wonders of the world. Can't wait

Blaine n Hye Young


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



23rd December 2006

Congrats
Congrats! Best Wishes! Merry Xmas! Get home for a visit in 2007!
23rd December 2006

jincha?? congratulations!
23rd December 2006

Way to go guys!
It looked like a perfect event. Congrats and have a great Cristmas. From Vancovuer, Oly
25th December 2006

Hey guys congrats on the wedding!!! sounds like you had a great day! Merry Christmas and Happy New year!! Jeff
27th December 2006

Welcome to the Family!
Looks like everything turned out great! Beautiful beach and beautiful bride! I hope you took more pictures to show when you get back home. All 3 of us wish we could have been there to share in the day but I'm sure Chris and Dad drank my share of the beer! We hope the rest of your trip goes great and you keep Mom, Dad, and Richelle out of trouble. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
27th December 2006

Congrats!!
Looked like a great wedding! Enjoy the rest of your holiday! Look forward to seeing you both again soon! Turnsy
27th December 2006

Congrats
Wish we could have been there. See you when you come home.
28th December 2006

congrats
Hey you guys congrats best wishes in the new year can't wait to see you guys again. Blaine finally married CRAZY
4th January 2007

Hope to see you soon!
Blainer, Congrats on the wedding, Trina and I are looking forward to meeting your wife.
6th January 2007

Congrats!!
Kevin was just showing us your travel blog and wedding pics. Very nice! I see that your Mom and Dad made it home as Rodney's van was at the hotel this morning for his regular Sat morn coffee. All is well with us, but just wanted to wish you two all the best.
7th January 2007

Congrats
Congrats on your wedding. You look very happy Blaine!! Hope to see you sometime soon. Take care and enjoy your travels together!!
8th January 2007

Congratulations
Hi guys, You look like you had an amazing day. Congratulations on your marriage and we hope you will both be very happy together.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb