i could have flown home quicker....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 19th 2006
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello again everyone, yesterday we set off at 10am to get to phuket..after various taxis of varying shapes and sizes, (down the roads in ko phanghan, we could have done with a 4x4 rather than a minibus with no suspension) and a queezy boat ride (i held myself together but half an hour longer and who knows, ergh) we arrived in phuket to our gorgeous hotel 😊.
Our 4 hour minibus ride, (the last leg of the journey,the otherbits were a bit boring, even though they took 8hrs!).
we started off in what was a pick up truck with a roof on, nat and scuba diver guy (will fill you in later) were sat next to the bags that were wedged up at the front, one sharp stop and nat would have been flattened! we had to stop to fill up the tyres with air as we were slightly heavier than its usual load (all those noodles i think).
Anyway we got to the ''bus station'' a hut really and waited an hr for our air conditioned coach (we thought) to phuket. as you can imagine when a twelve seater minibus turned up with the driver shouting ''Phuket, phuket'' we were slightly disappointed... we got to know everyone though..being sat so close together.. the bus consisted of crystal and eugene (scuba diver instructers from colorado) alfred from sweden (just travelling i think) an australian man (didnt get his name), me and nat (obviously) but the most exciting person was jorge from hungary, been travelling for 5 years since he was 16, anyway, the point im getting at is this jorge worked for the new york times, and wrote books as he travelled and the way he got started was that he used to write blogs and someone sent one in to the new york times and now he gets paid for writing and travelling! (hint hint everyone) 😊.
Anyway it took 12hours but we are here at patong beach, lots more people than we are used to, its nice though, i am going to get a t-shirt printed saying ''no i do not want a thai massage or any dvds or to go on a trip'' (even tho we might) oh yeh ''or a taxi'' i think ive been getting too chilled out on these islands not used to people asking you questions all the time!
Been on the beach today and then we are going for some food and maybe a few bars 😊.
Speak to you all soon, bye everyone x x x x

Advertisement



29th December 2006

Amy Richardon and a Printed T-shirt!!!1
I dont believe u!!! You getting Richarsony on the back? Sorry I havent blogged for a while dad has been trying to sort out the internet for the laptops. Ill read on for the other blogs and put lil comment in bout each one. Dont think I could handle all this bud travelling like, Id prob be a size 10 by now with all the throwing up id be doing!! Dunno if that a good or a bad thing? Has nat met ne nice boys/men yet?

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb