Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 29th 2022
Published: July 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Although I didn't want to leave Langkawi or the boat in the shipyard, we were forced to leave to renew our visas as we haven't left Langkawi island for 2 years during Covid lock downs and restrictions.

Anyway, I set off with Brent and Doni and we were off to Phuket for a couple of weeks. It started with PCR test at the doctors on the island before flights, tests on arrival at Phuket Airport, we were entering on 'The Sandbox'. We had to wait on test results before we were allowed to leave hotel but they came through pretty rapid, then it was time to head out to play.

It's been a while since I was in Phuket and actually I've never stayed over in Patong as it's the busiest but not now which is good. It's nice to see tourists again and enjoy some beach time and chillin. We managed to catch up with a group of friends from Langkawi, all sailors who left on their yachts with the restrictions imposed in Langkawi, there really is a feeling that they no longer want us there. Anyway for Marc's birthday our first stop was an Ole English Pub for a proper Sunday Roast with all the trimmings and to catch up with old friends. The English Pub Grub was really really good, and thoroughly enjoyed it. So it begins...

Markets, beaches, wanderings around Phuket, beach bars, pub streets it's quite a place to chill and just people watch! And boy do you see some sights!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sunday Roast BeefSunday Roast Beef
Sunday Roast Beef

With all the trimmings
LunchLunch
Lunch

Celebrating Marc's birthday


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb