phi phi island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phang-Nga
April 18th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone

Well we are hiding from the sun at the moment - it is incrediably hot. This morning we went out to Shark Point which is about 100 metres out from our room on the beach at 7.30am. The different corals and fish were like nothing we have ever seen before. We saw only one shark but millions of other fish of every colour and size including Puffer fish and these weird very long thin fish. They were right up in our faces and several times we found ourselves in the middle of huge schools of electric coloured fish which was a great. We couldn't believe how loud it was though - you would expect fish to be quiet, but they were feeding on the coral and you actually could hear even the smallest fish eating.

We have been feeding the fish bread from our hands in the shallows as well. What an experience that is. We have had quite a frenzy at times and fish nibbling on our fingers and toes as well . Tracy swears he had a big bite from something ( maybe a shark ).

Yesturday we went into the crazy township of Ton Sai so that we could climb to the viewpoint over looking the island. I am soooooo pleased we didn't stay here like we first thought we might. Interesting but definately for the young, thin, beautiful things wanting to party all night and sleep till lunch time. The climb up in the heat was a massive feat, but we did it and in not to bad a time. !86m up and what a view. So worth the effort and there is an ice cream shop at the top, thank god.

Well not much to report from this part of Thailand. Sleep, eat, snorkel, veg out, swim, snorkel some more and sunset after sunset. Sorry don't mean to rub it in too much.

Love hearing from everyone including total strangers ( hi ) didn't think anyone else would be reading this.... how cool. I hope I am inspiring you all to come to Thailand. I especially hope that I have educated people about the poor lives the elephants here suffer and that seeing them free and interacting with them in this environment is far more fun. We have decided to fund raise when we get home so that we can come back in a couple of years to save an elephant for ourselves and donated it to Lek.

Love to all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb