Krabi to Phi Phi and the famous Maya Beach - Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
October 24th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After Murder on the dancefloor in Ko Samui we thought it would be wise to make a move and head over to the Phi Phi islands where The Beach was filmed......via a quick stop over in Krabi.

First impressions, quiet, but it's got a beach!
A ridiculous journey consisting of a bus, a ferry and another bus and we finally made it to Krabi, hungry, tired and well....crabby!! haha sorry i couldn't resist.
After a chilled first night (where we all became Mary's and were a pack of dolphin shavers.....yeh some Canadian actually believed us in the pub! haha) we made it down to the beach the next morning for a quick tan top up before a big night out to explore what Krabi has to offer.
Unfortunately on returning to the hotel, we were greated by the lovely site of Juli's bag ransacked and the bastard cleaners had stolen my Ozzie dollars!!! Bag-raking thiefs!! grrrrrr!
So needless to say, pretty pissed off - a drink was needed!
The 5 of us ventured out and quickly realised Krabi is quiet (unless u like lady boy ho-ville street) so ended up in a semi normal looking pub where the drinks were cheap and the board games were out in force.
Before we knew it we were stacking up the Jenga and it was drinkie time!! woop woop!
A couple of lads joined us, hi Jon & Rich and the night turned out to be messy and a great laugh with talcum powder fights, lots of drinks and a Burger King supper! Excellent!

The next day, extremely hungover and only just making our pick up time, we made out way over to Phi Phi!
What a fantastic island!
The island is so small that there are no cars and only the odd random moped - a refreshing change from the mayhem we have been used to!
Quickly settling in to our cute wee hut, we went out to explore - ok drink!!!
The nightlife here is brilliant - it was like being back on Koh Phangan again where the bars are on the beach and you are dancing in the sand!
We spent 5 days here and had a blast!
Tony and Kirsty from Ko Samui were here also so we partied each night away in style! Hail Hippies Bar with the fire throwers and dancing in the sea!! gooooooooood times!

On our second last night, we decided we wanted to camp over on Maya Beach ,where the beach was filmed with the lovely Leo, instead of the usual day trip. (recommended by the Krabi boys, thanks lads!!)
WOW - what an experience!!
On the boat ride over to Maya, we stopped off to do some Kayaking and snorkelling! My fear of water at its highest level i was keeking it when we went snorkelling but once i was in the water and swimming with the fishes it was great! hurraaaaahhhhh!!!
The boat then took us over to Maya beach and the crew told us we had to swim onto the island! WTF!??!?!
So in we all go (about 20 of us camped (including Tony & Kirsty!)) swimming to shore, flip flops in hand and before we knew it we were walking onto the island through the most amazing greenery, truely in awe.
It looks just like the film (if only a little smaller!)
The water is stunning - gorgeous blue colours, clear and warm! ahhh paradise!
After a few pics and a bit of playing around we heading up to the camp fire for a tastey dinner, whiskey buckets and a brilliant night of banter!
Sleeping on the beach, under the stars this was definitely an experience we wont forget!

A brilliant last night to our stay in Phi Phi and it was time to make our last stop together as a 5 some to Phuket.....

Lessons learned:
*you can turn any board game into a damn good drinking game!
*theives all of a sudden cant speak english when being shouted at!
*cat's can sleep in fridges
*sand really does get everywhere!!!!












Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb