Killing Time Waiting for a Boat


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
January 3rd 2006
Published: January 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hmmmmm. In an effort to remain objective and not bitter (read on) I'll fill in on the last few days of activity. Four days spent with Chris and Kristen on Rei Lei which was lovely. You do feel the tourist mecca price pinch especially around new years but then things at least quieted down. Fantastic dinner on NYE as we were the last customers before closing and therefore sevice was actually speedy. After that we made it a point to carry playing cards everywhere. That helped keep us occupied while awaiting meals, but did make for some contentious moments. Chris and Kristen acted as our rock climbing guides yesterday, which was awesome. Today we cannot move our arms but otherwise feel great. We also got to cheer them on as they scurried up rock faces and added to our feelings of being total city slickers, something we have come to know so well. Now the bummer which was a missing wedding band upon return to our room. Can't really go into detail except to say that brief lapses in judgement lend themselves to loss. don't stay in diamond cave bungalow they steal!!!!! Please excuse the lack of pictures on the last few entries as we are beginning to note the limitations of 3rd world internet (and this is still the 2nd world). For now we are waiting for our boat to Phi Phi (area seen in the movie "The Beach" and also area of significant Tsunami damage and political jockeying to rebuild). Thought we'd go and support the local economy.

Advertisement



3rd January 2006

Happy New Year!
Hey, nevermind losses - they are always around our lives, standing by to jump in. Just recover and go on, to the next shining moment, and then next, and then next... :) Keep the balance on the positive:) Happy New Year!
5th January 2006

Happy New Year
Thanks for the phone call last night. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Stay safe. We all love and miss you here in the ATL.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb