16 hour bus rides, jelly fish stings and extreme Jenga...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
September 11th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, i'm writing this from Ao Nang beach in Krabi (the west coast of southern thailand)...

Arrived here 3 days ago now, after a horrible 16 hour bus journey from Bangkok...

I can't really remember what happened in Bangkok after my last post, but im sure it involved noodles.

So, the bus journey SUCKED. I also had the worse seats on the entire bus! I imagined being sat next to an interesting backpacker, who we would exchange stories and jokes with. But no. I was stuck between a family of 5 middle aged indian women who were so rude and pissed off the entire bus. Where as most people try (or at least try) to sleep during a night bus, the family around me insisted on talking, joking and singing really loudly, at 2am, when the rest of the bus was in silence.

So after the bus and 3 transfers, i ended up in the beach resort of Ao Nang in Krabi. Im currently in my 3rd day of 5 days here. Each day i've been planning on doing loads of really cool excursions, but i keep getting drunk and then being too hungover to do the trips. But, 2mro and the day after i have two trips booked which i will make sure i do (the 2 trips are ATV - All Terain Veicle - riding and then Whitewater rafting, and the following day a snorkle trip taking me around 4 local islands)....

I'm staying next to a bunch of scottish girls and a london girl on the other side, so just been hanging out with them. Yesterday we got a long tail boat to a local island (Railay bay) - which supposedly was rated as one of the most beautiful beachs before the Tsunami hit. It was beautiful indeed, but after about 40 mins of sun, there was a massive storm, so we had to find shelter, and then when it stopped raining went back home.

THe night before last, we went out and met a bunch of guys from London and spent the night drinking in a big group (playing 'ring of fire'), which subsequently got everyone wasted. When that bar closed we went to another bar on the beach, and after a few more drinks decided to go swimming...and this is how i got stung by a jellyfish! (it wasn't bad sting, just swollen up for a day or two - but the bastard got me on my wrist and both legs!)

The bars over here have games to keep everyone entertained (mainly Connect 4 and Jenga), so we spent last night drinking buckets (which is a bucket that you fill with a small bottle of whiskey, a red bull, and 2 bottles of coke) and playing Jenga...(photos will be added when i find somewhere with a faster internet connection!)

And thats about it...one of the scottish girls got ill yeserday (we and her, thought it was just a hangover) but last night she got a really bad fever and went to the hospital and stayed the night, so the rest of the group are there now visiting her.

And i think thats about what i've been doing since my last blog....

hope everyone is well, and will update soon...

my plans from now are the 2 trips for the next two days, then off to Ko Phi phi for a night, then a night camping at a national park, then another night in krabi....then going to the islands on the east coast for a week or 2.

Byyyeeee.....................





Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb