Krappi Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Railay Beach we went to Krabi. We had heard the name before and knew that travellers came here so we went to the TAT office and booked 3 nights accommodation. What we didn't realise was the majority of people come here and then leave the following day.

The room was nice, but the star attraction was definately the power shower. You just cannot understand how nice this was. Having lived in many guesthouses and hostels over the past 4 months and used the crappy showers the majority of them offer, this was pure luxury. Not only was it a powerful shower, but it had hot water too. It's only when you've been travelling for this long that you realise that the smallest things make you smile!!!

So the first night we went searching for the bar area of the town, it turned out that we were staying in it. Yes, the 2 bars 100m from our hotel was the drinking hub of the town. The following day I suggested that we went to the bowling alley, so 45 minutes after setting off we got there - again not very exciting by anyone's standards, and was made even worse as I lost the game to Mike - as usual. We were on our way back to the 'drinking hub' to get a bite to eat, when a devil dog decided he was a little peckish too and took a bite out of my leg. This is the same poor leg that had the run in with the rock - not a very lucky leg I hear you say - well, you're right!

So, Krabi is not my favourite destination in the world.

We finally decided to say goodbye to Thailand after 6 weeks, and crossed the border into Malaysia. Hopefully I'll have a little more luck there!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb