The Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
January 24th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we took a minibus that morning to Krabi, which is on the east coast of Thailand. It's a really cool place, white sands, clear waters, lots of girls in bikinis. What's not so great is the stinging sensation you get when you're in the water, like being pinched all over your body. It wasn't until later that we found out this was the sea lice, little creatures that bite onto you but die when they get out of the water.
Under the advice of our tour leader i slapped on two layers of factor 40, but despite this i still got horrendously sunburnt. So because of this i was glad when nightime came; the restuarants aren't very local and pretty western but we found this awesome place, called 'the lunar bar', it was just nestled on the side of the beach and you just chill or dance until like 4 in the morning, but at about midnight this thai guy comes out and starts twirling these flaming sticks all over the place, it was insane, and after he'd finished he put a cigarette out on his arm to impress one of the girls.
The next day i took a boat tour of the islands. It's really beatiful, we went to phei phei island which is the lush island with crystal clear seas, a tropical paradise. We went snorkelling around the reef which was really cool, but i dumped my snorkel and just used the goggles because if you wanted to see the coral close up and see the really big fish you had to dive about 15 foot under the surface. After this we went to the bay where they filmed 'the beach' and it was a huge dissapointment, it was full to brimming with tourists, and i suppose i shouldn't complain because i was one of those tourists, but honestly i'd rather have not gone and known that it was still serene and untouched, i mean you couldn't even see most of the shore because about 50 tour boats were anchored there.
The day after i got a massage on the beach, they're quite rough and crack your spine, neck and joints etc. I started to get really worried when she started to roll down the back of my pants, and was very relieved when she stopped and i realised she was just doing my lower back.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb